The Golden Gate Bridge, the isle of Alcatraz, Fisherman’s Wharf and other attractions of San Francisco are known throughout the world and more so to its residents. You can take unique cable cars up and down picturesque streets or ride vintage streetcars through the Castro District. Or simply linger around collections from the Americas, Africa, and Oceania at the De Young Museum. Golden Gate Park provides natural delights best enjoyed under the sun as well as views of the landmark bridge.
However, as inspiring as the city life is, you can get away from the hustle and commune with the more restful surroundings of nature. Imagine being surrounded by a dense forest of redwoods with nothing but the sounds of birds and other wild animals within earshot. You’ll find such diversions at Sonoma Canopy Tours.
This forest eco-tour not only soothes the soul with serene landscapes but educates you about the unique ecosystem. You’ll not only admire the towering trees from the forest floor but can take a spiral staircase to the top of the gorgeous canopy where you traverse sky bridges. From there, multiple zip lines encourage you to soar from place to place. At the end of the course, you rappel back to ground level.
It’s the perfect activity for families, organizations, or companies that want to grow together. Kids as young as 10 can participate if they weigh at least 70 pounds and are accompanied by a parent or adult. You can book tours online at our website or by calling us at 1 (888) 494-7868.
Getting to the canopy tours from the city takes about an hour-and-a-half:
- Go west on Lombard Street and follow it until it turns to Richardson Avenue.
- Merge into the US-101 Presidio Parkway and then continue to follow US-101 north for about 50.7 miles. You’ll cross the Golden Gate Bridge and be passing wilderness preserves like the Golden Gate National Recreation Area and the Camino Alto Open Space Preserve. You’ll also be moving past the cities of San Rafael and Petaluma.
- At Santa Rosa, stay in the second-to-the-right lane to take Exit 488B, CA12 – Sonoma/Sebastapol.
- Take CA-12 West toward Sebastopol.
- Follow the signs for Occidental Road by turning right at Fulton Road.
- Turn left at Occidental Road.
- Turn right at Green Hill Road.
- Turn left at Graton Road.
- Turn right at Bohemian Highway and continue for about 2.3 miles.
Watch for the signs for Sonoma Canopy Tours on your left at 6250 Bohemian Highway in Occidental.