Data Types We Collect
We collect and process the following types of information, including data that relates to identified or identifiable individuals (“Personal Data”) Specific Personal Data elements listed in each category are only examples and may change.
- Identity Data: Personal Data about you and your identity, such as your name, gender, marital status, date of birth, username, and other Personal Data you may provide on applications, registration forms, or as part of an account profile (e.g. biographical information).
- Transaction Data: Personal Data we collect in connection with a transaction or purchase, such as the item you purchased, the price, the delivery location, zip code, and other similar information
- Contact Data: Personal Data used to contact an individual, e.g. email address(es), physical address(es), phone number(s), or social media or communications platform usernames/handles, as well as a name or other salutation.
- Financial Data: Personal Data relating to financial accounts or services, e.g. a credit card, bank, or other financial account numbers, and other relevant information you provide in connection with a financial transaction.
- Device Data: Personal Data relating to your device, browser, or application e.g. IP addresses, MAC addresses, identifiers from cookies, session navigation history and similar browsing metadata, and other data generated through applications and browsers, including cookies and similar technologies.
- Special Category Data: Personal Data revealing racial, national, or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, health information, or information relating to sex life or sexual orientation.
- Custom Content: Information that a user provides in a free text or other unstructured format, or pursuant to custom fields created by a Client; this may include Personal Data or Special Category Data to the extent provided by the user.
How We Collect Personal Data
We collect Personal Data from various sources based on your interaction with our sites and applications.
We collect data directly from you when you provide it by interacting with our staff, websites, or applications. You may also provide personal data to us through our partners and service providers
Your Event Planner or Group Leader may also provide us with your personal data in the context of a specific retreat or event.
Processing of Personal Data
User Account Registration
Data: Users may register and create an account on our Services. When you register, we process certain Personal Data, which typically includes Identity Data and Contact Data.
Uses: We use Identity Data and Contact Data as necessary to create, maintain, and provide you with information about your account. We may process Identity Data and Contact Data in connection with fundraising communications.
Data: Users may submit inquiries, registration forms, medical and other forms, and register with us through our services. When you plan an event with our Services, or register for an event as a Participant, we process Personal Data, which typically includes Identity Data, Contact Data, Financial Data, and may include Special Category Data, and Custom Content.
Uses: We use all Event Registration data as necessary to provide our Services to you. Financial Data provided in connection with any registration will be used only as necessary to process transactions you request. We may also use Identity Data, Contact Data, and Custom Content (i) in connection with the maintenance of records, which may include family/guardian relationships, emergency contact information, mailing addresses, etc.; (ii) to provide marketing or other communications; and (iii) along with Special Category Data, in accordance with your consent (e.g. to provide health services, adjusting meal options, etc.), and where permitted by law, to maintain records relating to the health and treatment of Participants.
Purchases & Donations
Data: We process Transaction Data, Identity Data, Financial Data, and Contact Data when you complete a purchase from or donate to us through our Services. Note, all purchase and donations are processed by a third party on behalf of us, however we may obtain any Personal Data processed by that third party.
Uses: We use the Transaction Data Identity Data, and Contact Data as necessary to complete and provide you with information regarding your transaction, or in connection with certain record keeping we may undertake. Financial Data us used only as necessary to process your transaction, and if you request, a third party may store your Financial Data on our behalf for future purchases. We may process the Transaction Data and Identity Data to improve design and delivery of our services, and to keep a record of donors and donations, or in connection with marketing communications.